Ghusl – Major Hadith Special bath (mandi wajib)
Matters that require one to take ghusl is when they had the following incident
i. Mani – sticky liquid that comes out from our private part particularly when we think of the opposite sex.
ii. Sexual intercourse. (State of janabah)
iii. After menstruation.
iv. Post-child bleeding.
What you are not allowed to do when you are in this state
iii. Fast (Sawm)
iv. Read the Quran (Khilaf for during menses)
v. Touch the quran
vi. Sit in the masjid (you can pass through)
To be in the state of purity you must clean yourself after, by making Ghusl (Mandi wajib).
Pillars of Ghusl
– From the hadith of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasalam, “Verily deeds are purely according to attention.”
– Say the intention in your heart.
ii. Washing all the body parts
– How do we know how to perform ghusl? By the teaching of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasalam. Let’s look at the hadith by Aisyah radiallahu anhu
She said, “When Allah’s messenger sallallahu alaihi wasalam made ghusl from janabah, he used to begin by washing hands, then he would pour water from his right hand to his left hand and wash his private parts, make the ablution of prayer, take some water and put his finger to the roots of his hair, until he could see that the skin was wet, then he would pour water over his head three times and then over the rest of his body. Then he would wash his feet.
• Wash hands
• Pour water from the right hand to the left hand to wash the private part. Or por water from your shower hose and clean your private part with your left hand.
• Take wudhu’ (ablution)
• Take some water and wash the root of your hair until the skin is wet.
• Wash the head three times
• Wash the rest over the body
• Wash the feet.
Other actions that is mustahab (sunat) to perform ghusl
i. After losing consciousness
ii. After burying a kaafir
iii. On the day of two Eeds (Al Fitr and Adha)
iv. On the Day of Arafah
vi. After washing corpse
vii. For Hajj and Umrah