Keep yourself clean 😀
Islam really wants us to be clean. Clean can mean
1. Physically clean.
Look at your hands, in between your nails, your mouth, your toes, your shirts, your pants. Are they clean?
2. Spiritually clean
Be patient, don’t be angry, be happy with what you have, don’t be jealous, no hating other people
One way Rasulullah s.a.w. describe to be pure and clean is by the FIVE DAILY PRAYERS
by Abu Hurairah,
“What do you think? If there was a river at the door of one of you in which he bathes five times a day, would there be any filth left on him?” They answered, “There would be no filth left.” The Prophet (s.a.w.) said, “That is like the five Prayers, through them Allâh wipes away sins.” (al-Bukhâri and Muslim)
Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 1410
1. Rasulullah s.a.w says prayers will clean your sin
2. Sins is liken as filth
3. rasulullah s,a,w stressed on the importance of keeping clean either from filth and from sins.
and also in order to pray we must be in the state of purity by
1. taking wudoo’
2. having the special bath – ghusl – for major impurity like after menses.
Muslim :: Book 2 : Hadith 433
Mus’ab b. Sa’d reported: ‘Abdullah son of Umar came to Ibn’Amir in order to inquire after his health as he was ailing. He said Ibn ‘Umar, why don’t you prayto Allah for me? He said: I heard of Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) say: Neither the prayer is accepted without purification nor is charity accepted out of the ill-gotten (wealth)
A major act of worship to do to perform prayer
1. We must have wudoo
2. To make ghusl.
Rasulullah s.a.w warned those who do not take care of cleaning after they pee
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 4 :: Hadith 215
Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas:
Once the Prophet, while passing through one of the grave-yards of Medina or Mecca heard the voices of two persons who were being tortured in their graves. The Prophet said, “These two persons are being tortured not for a major sin (to avoid).” The Prophet then added, “Yes! (they are being tortured for a major sin). Indeed, one of them never saved himself from being soiled with his urine while the other used to go about with calumnies (to make enemy between friends). The Prophet then asked for a green leaf of a date-palm tree, broke it into two pieces and put one on each grave. On being asked why he had done so, he replied, “I hope that their torture might be lessened, till these get dried.”
1. do not see cleaning yourself after peeing is not important. It is very important!
2. Rasulullah saw narrated that some are tortured in the grave because they are careless about urinating! So beware!
3. Make sure your clothes are free from your urine too. Wash it if there was an accident (of urine) happen. Remember even if I don’t know, Allah knows!
Islam encourages us to look clean too
“Once the Messenger of Allâh came to us and saw a man with shaggy hair. He said, ‘Couldn’t he find something to tidy his hair up?’ Then he saw another man with dirty clothes and said, ‘Couldn’t this man find anything with which to clean his dress?’ ” (Ahmad)
1. Rasulullah s.a.w.even want the hair to look tidy and clean
2. And the dress to be free of stain
What we can do
1. Make sure our hair smell good and well combed
2. Hair should look good even before we put on the hijab. Hijab is not commanded to use to not let people see our bad hair.
3. Shampoo it now and then.
4. Make sure our shirt are stain free
5. Wear shirts that are ironed and clean.
Remember the dua’ that we make after wudoo’. We studied it HERE. We ask Allah that we are among those who purify ourselves. And purify here means both physically and spiritually.
And the same goes to your room too!