This is mainly for Haziq.
During prayers we must cover our awrah
۞ يَـٰبَنِىٓ ءَادَمَ خُذُواْ زِينَتَكُمۡ عِندَ كُلِّ مَسۡجِدٍ۬ وَڪُلُواْ وَٱشۡرَبُواْ وَلَا تُسۡرِفُوٓاْۚ إِنَّهُ ۥ لَا يُحِبُّ ٱلۡمُسۡرِفِينَ (٣١
Al Aaraf 7:31
O Children of Adam! Take your adornment (by wearing your clean clothes) while praying.
The awrah for woman
I am not sure about the gloves the girls are wearing. I also am not sure about the last bottom right picture where her hijab is not covering her chest.
Can you comment about this?
I didn’t use this photo for the study though.
- Anyway the awrah for woman is all except for face and hand
- She should cover the top feet too.
Prophet s.a.w said, “The prayer of an adult woman is not accepted unless she is wearing headcovering.” recorded by Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi and Ibn Najah.
The awrah for men are
- between the navel and the knees
- However must also cover the shoulders
The prophet s.a.w said, “None of you should offer prayer in a single garment that does not cover the shoulders.”
Sahih Al Bukhari Book 8 (reported by Abu huraira R.A.)
- The praying clothes should not show shape or body contour. This applies for both man and woman
- They should not be thin and transparent. for both men and women
- They should be clean
- We should present ourselves nicely when we want to pray.
e.g. if we are ashame to walk about in particular shirt, we should present ourselves better than that.
- Rasullullah prefers thick garments without any marking (pictures of animals). Patterns are preferable than pictures. The jamhoor hold the position that it is makrooh.
- It is permissible tp pray in bare head for man as the head is awrah for woman. however it is recommended (mustahab) that he is completely dressed for praying thus the head is best covered. This is also to differentiate between muslims and non. However during pilgrimage it is law not to cover the head.